Sometimes when you’re entertaining guests, you don’t want to spend eons preparing a dessert. These easy cheesecake shots are the perfect addition to your festivities and can be made in advance, allowing you to enjoy your event stress free!
These cheesecakes are very versatile; you can top them with a variety of different flavours to suit your mood. Previously, I have made them with a juicy blueberry and cherry compote, simply divine.
The small portion size is ideal to satisfy a sweet tooth without it being sickly – or leaving room to try more food! Win-win!
The fruit compote layer is very easy to make, or if, like me, you want to save some time, use shop bought!
In this recipe, I have used some very indulgent all-butter passion fruit curd given to me as a gift. But you can certainly make your own if you feel like showing off!
Dessert Shots: Passion Fruit Cheesecake
An easy and impressive dessert option that can feed a crowd, with minimal effort!
- 6 digestives, crushed
- 6 coconut biscuits, crushed
- 300g cream cheese
- 150ml double cream
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste/extract
- 4 heaping tbsp passion fruit curd
- Mint leaves to garnish, optional
- 12 shot glasses
- Crush the digestives and coconut biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Spoon into shot glasses and tap on a hard surface to get the biscuit crumbs level.
- Next, combine the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and vanilla. Use an electric whisk to get the mixture thick and creamy. It should have stiff peaks.
- Fill a piping bag with the cheesecake mix and snip off the end. Using steady pressure, fill each shot glass just below the rim.
- Slightly warm the curd in the microwave for 10 seconds, so that it is easier to spoon onto the shots.
- Put a dollop of curd on each shot and spread out evenly with the back of a teaspoon.
- Garnish with mint leaves and chill in the fridge until needed. Or they can be eaten immediately.
- You can use any type of biscuits in the base. I used a mixture of digestives and coconut rings, this gives a subtle hint of coconut that complements the tartness of the curd.
- Fruit compotes are very easy to make; your choice of fruit, sugar, lemon juice and a little water, simmered down until thick.
- Shop bought lemon curd would work amazingly too!
- If you don’t have a piping bag, use a large sandwich bag instead. Just snip a corner off and it will work just as well.
- You can use any cup/glass to make these, quantities will change depending on the volume of the vessel.
2 thoughts on “Dessert Shots: Passion Fruit Cheesecake”
I could do a whole row of those shots (; Love the idea of adding passion fruit curd. Nice work (:
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for the kind words! They were devoured almost instantly! I’d say they were a success. The passion fruit curd and the coconut biscuit base really give it that exotic twist… 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person